Welcome to the Wellbeing & Words radio show!
Hope in a Hospital. April’s episode of Wellbeing & Words welcomes psychiatric nurse O’Donis Person. O’Donis and I have a conversation about hope, human connection, reaching out to help others heal, and O’Donis’s passion for nursing the soul and the nursing soul. Glimpse into what psychiatric (or behavioral health) hospitals are like, why they’re sometimes necessary, and how they help. The words this month come from Leave of Absence, a novel set in a behavioral health hospital. If you don’t hear it on the airwaves, listen any time on PodfireRadio.com. (You might need to scroll down to the show.)
Wellbeing & Words, whether the newsletter or the radio broadcast, is dedicated to helping people thrive no matter what difficulties they face. Mental illness, stress, and other problems don’t have to stop us in our tracks.
Wellbeing & Words has an intentional purpose: To empower people to
• Embrace life
• Create balance
• Benefit from mindfulness
• Experience flow
• Develop grit
• Find their passions and purpose
• Create a life worth living
• Take action
Shows will include:
• Interviews with experts in the field
• A modified book group, broadcast-style (all related to mental health)
• Resources and information
• New shows are aired each month with new topics, experts, and content
Where does the show air?
• Wellbeing & Words is part of the Storytellers Campfire platform of shows
• Storytellers Campfire partners with 27 radio stations, 16 podcast/online radio shows (10 of which are syndicated), and nine television stations
• Each month Wellbeing & Words will air in at least 10 different locations (not all of the above stations are relevant to mental health)
• Every show is also archived on the Storytellers Campfire or an affiliate website as well as on tanyajpeterson.com
• All shows are promoted and linked on social media, both Storytellers Campfire’s accounts and Tanya J. Peterson’s accounts.
Tune into Wellbeing & Words every month and/or online and, in a lively and enjoyable way, empower yourself to create a life worth living.
If you’re a mental health expert (there are many ways to be an expert) interested in talking with me on Wellbeing & Words, contact me at email@example.com.
If you’re interested in using Wellbeing & Words’ reach to spread word about your mental-health related book, products, or services, this link takes you to a PDF of options and packages. You don’t have to be a guest on the show to share what you have to offer.
Sign up for my free monthly newsletter, Wellbeing & Words. Each issue is packed with useful tips for enhancing mental health and wellbeing, reading-related tidbits, and updates about my own mental health writing and activities. (I never share e-mail addresses with anyone.)